The Best Rest, Relaxation and Sleep Supplements
Today we’re going to look at the best natural supplements used for improving sleep, reducing stress, encouraging rest and promoting relaxation. These supplements are perfect to keep in the medicine drawer in case you just can’t fall asleep and you don’t want to resort to potentially harmful prescription sleep medication. These supplements are also great options to use after a hard day at work to help you relax and rest your body and mind. Each supplement is recommended based on scientific research, user reviews and other supportive evidence. Only the best made it onto this list, and all the other questionable stuff was left off. So sit back, relax, and get ready to, well, sit back and relax I guess.
Effective Rest, Relaxation and Sleep Supplements
The following are supplements that can help reduce cortisol levels, promote feelings of drowsiness and help you rest, relax and get better sleep. Read a description of each product/ingredient to see which category it helps with most:
- 5-HTP: 5-HTP converts to melatonin and serotonin the brain and can also help control appetite by influencing the mechanisms which control hunger cravings. 5-HTP is enjoyed by those looking to relax, reduce anxiety or reduce hunger cravings.
- Melatonin 3mg: Melatonin is a natural sleep aid that is already produced in the body, particularly at night when your body is ready for sleep. Melatonin is the compound responsible for the feelings of drowsiness you get before bedtime. It helps regulate circadian rhythm and promotes deep, restful sleep.
- Melatonin 5mg: A stronger version of melatonin, the 5mg pill is best used by those who need to take more than one of the 3mg pills.
- L-Tryptophan: A precursor to both melatonin and serotonin in the brain, L-trptophan converts to both of these compounds as well as 5-HTP. It is all natural and can help you achieve balance in your sleep cycles by influencing a normal circadian rhythm.
- Valerian Root: Valerian has been used for centuries as a natural sleep aid and relaxation supplement. It works by increasing the presence of GABA in the brain.
- GABA: GABA is a non-essential amino acid found in the brain that acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter, regulating nerve and bran cell activity. GABA possesses the ability to calm the body by reducing over-stimulation of the brain and CNS. It is a completely all natural anti-anxiety and relaxation supplement that is quickly becoming a staple among many who deal with fast-paced and high stress lives.
- Phenibut: A derivative of GABA, phenibut can directly cross the blood brain barrier, where it may possess nootropic properties. It has been shown to promote relaxation and act as a powerful anti-anxiety. People taking phenibut often experience feelings of drowsiness and natural tiredness. It is a favorite of many bodybuilders and athletes to help them get better, regular sleep which facilitates better recovery.
- Now Relora: Relora contains a combination of magnolia bark and phellodendron amurense which has been shown to reduce cortisol levels and promote feelings of well-being, rest and relaxation.
- L-Theanine: L-theanine is a natural amino acid found in green tea which has been shown to possess anti-anxiety and stress reducing properties. Many scientists suspect that many of green tea’s relaxing properties can be attributed to its l-theanine concentrations.
The best all inclusive sleep formulas:
- ALR Lean Dreams: A powerful blend designed for bodybuilders and athletes who are in need of a more potent formula. ALR Lean Dreams is a great sleep support supplement that can be enjoyed by non-bodybuilders who are simply looking for a stronger natural sleep aid.
- Dream Water Dream Shot: A zero calorie popular beverage containing 5-HTP and GABA with natural flavors and melatonin to help you doze off at night. This is a great alternative if you want to enjoy the benefits of GABA, 5-HTP, melatonin and other sleep formulas without having to take any capsules or pills. Dream Water Dream Shots taste great too!
- EST Somadrol: A combination of phenibut, dragon eye, l-tryptophan, passion flower extract and valerian root. EST Somadrol is sure to help you relax and fall asleep soon after you take it.
- Futurebiotics Relax & Sleep: A combination of minerals, valerian root, chamomile, hawthorn, passion flower, spearmint and other soothing herbs to help you relax and fall asleep in a natural manner.
- Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Sleep-Rx: A combination of valerian, piper methysticum, l-theanine, paeonina lactiflora and other potent sleep aids that can really put you out. This is a stronger natural sleep aid and is typically favored by bodybuilders and athletes who need the strongest potencies to feel their effects.
- Life Extension Enhanced Natural Sleep (without melatonin): Contains bioactive milk peptides and Sendara. Bioactive milk peptides have been shown to support restful sleep, help with stress and daytime cognition. Sendara is a proprietary blend of ashwagandha and amla extracts which have been shown to reduce bodily stress. Together these two complexes can help you relax and can be taken during the daytime for anytime relaxation or at night to help you gradually prepare for a good night’s rest.
- Life Extension Enhanced Natural Sleep (with melatonin): Same proven formula as the Enhanced Natural Sleep but with two types of melatonin, an immediate release and a timed release form. This is a stronger version of the above Enhanced Natural Sleep formula and should be used at night before bed.
- Eye Pillow Aromatherapy Mask: This aromatherapy mask contains a soothing, pleasant blend of lavender and flax to act as a mood tonic, relaxing agent and detoxifier. The pillow contours to your face and is soft and cool. It blocks out ambient light and helps relieve pressure and tension around the face by releasing acupressure points around the eyes. Pick up one of these masks and you’ll look forward to it every day when you get home from work.
- Midnight Eye Mask: Studies have shown that people sleep longer and better when less ambient light is present. Pick up a midnight mask today and start getting more restful sleep with less interruptions.
Disclaimer: All information provided on the blog is for informational purposes only and is not guaranteed to be correct. AllStarHealth.com will not be held liable for any problems that may arise from the consumption of the nutritional supplements sold on our web site. Placing an order at AllStarHealth.com signifies that you have read and agree to all of the policies listed on our policy page. Any and all legal issues pertaining to this web site shall be dealt with in the jurisdiction that AllStarHealth.com corresponds to.