The best supplements for joint health
When looking for the best joint health supplements, it’s important to first understand the different types of products available. Joint support supplements typically fall into one of the following three categories:
- Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM: Sulfur based compounds have been shown to strengthen ligaments, tendons, collagen and connective tissues in joints. Glucosamine, chondroitin & MSM have also been shown to reduce joint inflammation.
- Omega Oils: Omega-3′s EPA & DHA, Omega-6 GLA, and others have been shown to reduce infllammation in joints.
- Herbal Treatments: Herbs like Cissus and are popular and effective joint support supplements.
- Enzymes: Specific digestive enzymes have been shown to facilitate reduced inflammation in joints.
If you’re not familiar with the differences between each category, don’t worry, you’re in good hands. This article will explore the pros of each type of joint support supplement and after educating yourself on what’s available you can go with the supplement that makes the most sense for your needs.
Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM Supplements
Glucosamine, chondroitin & MSM supplements are found naturally in your body, primarily in the joints and cartilage. Taking all three can help improve joint mobility, flexibility, arthritis pain, cartilage repair, blood flow and soften scar tissue buildup on muscle. All of these benefits go hand in hand with the recovery, strengthening and maintenance of healthy joints. Here is a list of the best glucosamine, chondroitin & MSM supplements on the market:
- BodyStrong: Contains a high-potency blend of glucosamine, chondroitin & MSM. Overall best value and quality on the market.
- Doctor’s Best: Contains the three major ingredients plus added chloride, sodium and potassium for increased absorption.
Reduce Joint Inflammation: Omega-3′s EPA & DHA
The omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil (DHA + EPA) have numerous health benefits including brain support, heart health, skin and hair health, cardiovascular health, anti-inflammatory properties among many others. However, its most important benefits with regards to joint health are its anti-inflammatory properties. Both EPA and DHA work to reduce localized inflammation and swelling around joints, providing a healthy environment for joint repair and recovery. Recommended EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acid supplements include:
- 100% Pure Fish Oil: Plain and simple this blend contains 100% pure fish oil harvested from all natural cold-water fish. Rich in both DHA and EPA, this supplement when taken daily can help to reduce joint inflammation and promote general health.
- Cod Liver Oil: Rich in DHA and EPA, cod liver oil is a great alternative to try if you’re used to standard fish oil. The omega-3 fatty acid profile is slightly different than standard fish oil and it’s good to switch up your fish oils every 2-3 months.
- Enteric Coated Fish Oil: Specially encapsulated in an enteric coating for ease of digestion and absorption.
- High-Potency DHA: Extra rich in DHA for those looking to even out their EPA & DHA consumption.
- Krill Oil: A very popular source of omega-3 fatty acids because krill also contains astaxanthin, one of the most powerful antioxidants known.
Herbs for Joint Health
When it comes to herbal remedies for joint support, many products seem to come and go. For this reason we recommend only a few herbal treatments for joint support and health. They are the time-tested herbal remedies that actually work to strengthen joints.
- Posted in Uncategorized
- 1 Comment