Best Nutrition Bar
Which is really the BEST nutrition bar?
So every company always seems to claim that they have created the BEST nutrition bar, but what does that really look like? For me, whenever I hear companies claiming this or that is the BEST, I always think of The Elf with Will Ferrell where his character is so amazed by “The World’s Best Coffee.” However, for nutrition bars I think it’s different. There is probably a nutrition bar out there that is the best for YOU.
Flavors aside, nutrition bars can be used as a high protein, low calorie, low fat, low carb, soy, vegan, or even a gluten-free snack or meal replacement…already a whole lot of decisions. My hope is to help you navigate through and narrow down your search to be able to find what’s best for you.
- Choose a category. On the AllStarHealth website there are 7 categories of nutrition bars – Gluten Free, Low-Carb, Organic, Soy, Weight Loss, Breakfast, and Whole Grain – which can help limit the number of bars to look through.
- Texture. Most bars give away the texture right in the title. If you are looking for smooth bar, feel free to skip over the crunchy bars as you are skimming the bars, and visa versa. Maybe try Balance Bar for a smooth bar and Clif Bar for a crunchy bar.
- Meal Replacement or Snack. If it does not distinguish its intention in the title of the product it is time to start previewing the bars. If you want this bar to act as a meal replacement make sure it has a sufficient amount of calories for your diet and that it contains fiber and protein that will stick with you longer. High protein is also great for a snack, but fewer calories is ideal…Kind Bars are a popular as a snack bar.
- Taste. Pay close attention to the sugar content. In general, the bars with more sugar will taste better, but look out for stevia or other sugar replacements. Those products may appear to be low in sugar, but they could be just as sweet as the other bars.
- Flavor. Once you have narrowed down the type of bar you want, it is time to decide on a flavor. Almost all the brands carry numerous flavors, which can be overwhelming. Personally if I am switching to a new bar I will test out two flavors: a fruity one and a chocolaty one. This usually gives me a good gauge on the bar so that I can make the best decision for my next order.
I hope this helps in narrowing down your search!
— Disclaimer: All information provided on the blog is for informational purposes only and is not guaranteed to be correct. AllStarHealth.com will not be held liable for any problems that may arise from the consumption of the nutritional supplements sold on our web site. Placing an order at AllStarHealth.com signifies that you have read and agree to all of the policies listed on our policy page. Any and all legal issues pertaining to this web site shall be dealt with in the jurisdiction that AllStarHealth.com corresponds to.