Oil Pulling for Oral Health
Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique that has recently grown in popularity. Oil pulling involves swishing oil in your mouth for fifteen to twenty minutes, in the morning, on an empty stomach. It is said to draw or “pull” toxins out of your body increasing oral and overall health. Coconut oil is typically used for its high Vitamin E content and Lauric acid which is known for killing bacteria and fungi.
What does oil pulling do?
Although there hasn’t been much clinical research there have been many claims of oil pulling assisting with teeth whitening, cavity and gingivitis prevention, better breath, strengthening teeth and gums, less jaw pain, better sleep, reducing bacteria in the mouth, clearing up sinus issues, alleviation of headaches and hangovers, and helping to improve skin issues including acne and eczema.
How do I do it?
* Start by taking a tablespoon of coconut oil like Body First Coconut Oil
* Swish it in your mouth, pulling it through your teeth for 15-20 minutes. As the oil is swished around the fats in the oil are said to cling to and absorb the toxins.
* Be sure that you do not swallow the oil. Oil pulling is meant to draw toxins out of your mouth by swallowing the oil you will be ingesting the toxins.
* When you are done spit the oil in the GARBAGE, as it will solidify and could cause drainage issues if disposed of in the sink.
* Keep in mind that the oil should be thin and white in color, if the oil appears to be yellow that is an indication it wasn’t pulled long enough.
* Swish out your mouth with warm salt water and then brush teeth and floss as usual.
Disclaimer: All information provided on the blog is for informational purposes only and is not guaranteed to be correct. AllStarHealth.com will not be held liable for any problems that may arise from the consumption of the nutritional supplements sold on our web site. Placing an order at AllStarHealth.com signifies that you have read and agree to all of the policies listed on our policy page. Any and all legal issues pertaining to this web site shall be dealt with in the jurisdiction that AllStarHealth.com corresponds to.