Best Supplements for Increasing Energy
There are so many different supplements out there that claim to increase energy levels, but which ones actually work? It’s often said that there’s more than one way to skin a cat, and the saying applies to increasing your energy. Before I jump into specific products, let’s look at the different ways in which you can boost your energy:
- Get more sleep: Getting regular sleep (7-9 hours a day is a good amount to shoot for) recharges your CNS and ensures you feel recharged every day. Remember, getting too much sleep is just as bad as getting too little. Aim to go to bed no later than 11 PM and wake up around 7 AM. This compliments your natural circadian rhythm and works to optimize peak levels of testosterone and GH during periods of rest and recovery.
- Eat more clean calories: Fruits, vegetables, lean meats, legumes; you’ve heard it a million times, EAT HEALTHY. It really works. Good in, good out. Try and eat the same amount of calories as you typically do, but aim to get more of those calories from unprocessed, natural foods.
- Exercise: That’s right, sometimes getting the nerve to exercise when you’re feeling tired and sluggish can give you a much needed mental boost in energy, which translates into a physical boost in energy as well. Getting in regular exercise helps to boost energy levels, naturally!
- Stimulant supplements: Caffeine and other stimulants up-regulate your metabolism and activate your CNS giving you a “rush” of energy.
- Herbal supplements: Herbal supplements can act as adaptogens to help your body cope with stress, increase metabolism and provide extra energy.
The following supplements help to increase energy levels which translates into improved endurance and feelings of well being. You’ll feel like you can perform cardio of other types of training faster and longer, and your CNS is primed to function in a highly optimized state. This means you’ll be alert, focused and energized. Your brain will be able to communicate more clearly with your muscles, improving the mind-body connection and allowing you to exert more strength when you need it.
- Thermogenics: Thermogenic compounds like caffeine increase metabolic rate and stoke the central nervous system, providing the most noticeable and effective energy boost you’ll get out of any supplement on the market.
- Energy Shots: Energy shots provide you an instant pick me up and are great to keep at work or in the car. Try taking an energy shot in the morning when you wake up instead of coffee or try a shot before you go the gym.
- Energy Gels: Energy gels are an incredibly convenient and portable way to get fast absorbing carbs during exercise or immediately after.
- Energy Chews: Energy chews are super popular to provide caloric energy to the body during tough training or cardio like bike rides, swims, runs and hikes.
- VPX Redline: Ahh, if you’ve ever had one of these energy drinks before, you know why it made the list. Redline is absolutely insane for providing a HUGE rush of energy that lasts for hours. Perfect to take before workouts for the ultimate training session.
- Body Burn: A powerful thermogenic that will send your natural energy levels through the roof as well as shred body fat. If you’ve never tried Body Burn before, you’re seriously missing out on one of the best energy-enhancing fat burning supplements available.
- Rhodiola Rosea: One of the most popular herbal adaptogens, probably because it is noticeably effective immediately after taking it. Rhodiola works by stimulating your natural energy producing mechanisms and reducing the effects of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Cordyceps: A special type of mushroom that possesses powerful adaptogenic properties shown to boost energy and immune health.
- DMAA: An extract from geranium seed oil (dimethylamylamine) that acts in a similar fasion as caffeine. It’s not being included in many pre-workout supplements and being stacked with caffeine for intense focus and concentration.
Disclaimer: All information provided on the blog is for informational purposes only and is not guaranteed to be correct. AllStarHealth.com will not be held liable for any problems that may arise from the consumption of the nutritional supplements sold on our web site. Placing an order at AllStarHealth.com signifies that you have read and agree to all of the policies listed on our policy page. Any and all legal issues pertaining to this web site shall be dealt with in the jurisdiction that AllStarHealth.com corresponds to.